Friday, February 17, 2012

Here I Be

Ive been putting this off for sometime now. I’ve been creeping in the shadows, reading other peoples thoughts and feelings, waiting patiently until I would have the confidence to start my own. I’m still waiting for the confidence. So (slowly exhales)…lets begin. I’ve survived my 2nd round of deployment as an Army wife so with this accomplishment I thought that I’d dive into the blogging world. With this deployment there has been a lot going on with not only myself but also with my small family of 3. I’ve needed a type of release to get my feelings and thoughts written down and organized. Ever time I start a journal though it never seems to go anywhere. Either I’m annoyed by my own handwriting or end up losing said journal. So since handwriting isn’t an issue on blogger…and they have this nifty save button I thought I’d just have at it.
A little about myself is required I guess.  I’m a young army wife and am married to an amazing Infantry soldier who I will address as Army Man. Army Man, on this last deployment, decided that he was going to make a career out of the Army which in turn makes me a career Army wife…along with my son becoming an Army brat (and a cute one at that). Our little Army Brat, Tatum, is one year old  He was a post deployment baby, last deployment. We have chose not to make another post deployment baby. J He has given life to our house that we could not imagine our lives without. He is the happiest little noise box. I will most likely be posting several (okay probably hundreds) of pictures of him throughout this blog.  He’s momma’s camera hog. Okay so back to my husbands career choice.This decision, which at first I thought would be not such a big deal, has slowly got me thinking about what our life will now hold. If you are a military wife reading this you will know that military life can be very…tough. Its not only the fact of cleaning endless piles of ACU’s or those combat boots that I’m always stubbing my toes on. Deployments are always looming and even when those aren’t on your mind there are countless schools that he could be off and running too at any moment. Even though I am happy with our lives it would be nice to know the life of a normal married couple. Whats it feel like to not have chinooks flying over your house at all hours? Whats it feel like when your husband can call in sick? Or better yet, what does it feel like to know your husband won’t be leaving the country for a year? These are things I’ve thought about a lot since marrying my husband.
This blog will mostly be about my adventures of an army wife. The good, the bad, and the PCS’s. Oh Lawrd the PCS’s. We will be PCSing very soon…which I will be talking about next time. (insert bitter face and finger nail biting)
Besides being an Army wife and a mother, I enjoy cooking, taking pictures, and thift shopping. I’ll be sharing some of my favorite bloggers, recipes, and crafts throughout this blog. Along with ranting and raving about every day life. Hope to see you back here soon!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! I just started blogging recently as well. When will you be heading out this way?

    ReplyDelete