Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sympathy Shopping

Have you every had one of those shopping trips where you stop to look at something because it is hideously ugly. I do...on a regular basis.


"why would anyone buy that poor thing"

this is where my good friend the owl comes in. 

While shopping at Goodwill about a week ago with my husband I stumbled upon this poor mess


He has almost a scowl. I picture him belonging to an 70 year old lady, chain-smoker, who wore magenta moo-moos in his previous life. He didn't look like he was enjoying his stay at Goodwill....so for a $1.00 I took this little sucker home with me to "beautify" him. 

I also picked up this handy dandy lovelies at Hobby Lobby...clearance aisle. Can I get a "WOOOO CLEARANCE"

I've had these for almost a year now. Something about the color I just don't like...so I decided to beautify them as well. 

I've been going through a "clean" kick. I like things white..and have also jumped on the yellow bandwagon. I can spend hours upon hours glancing at rooms on Pinterest. I was never a fan of white before Pinterest. But I am now addicted. I decided that if I ever have another little one that I will do their nursery in white and yellow...who knows these items might find their home in a nursery in a year or two. 

So after some loving up....and a fresh layer of paint...

we have the new and approved Ugly owl...and candle holders. 





isn't he puuurty. No longer the scowl...

"I am Owl...hear me Whooo"

Have you every had a sympathy buy? Or just found something horrible ugly and "beautified" it? If not you should..a can of spray paint can do WONDERS. Hope to see you back here soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment